Observed and Forecast Wind Conditions for Kitingboarding
Links to current South Central Alaska and Maui weather observations and web cams.
- Update Spring 2015: Alaska Railroad Weather Weather Map – This page is now working again. Thanks to the crew at the AK RR.
The Alaska Railroad’s wind meter by 20 Mile Creek is more accurate as its located closer to the water.
- Alaska Railroad Snow Map – includes wind
- Anchorage Area Alaska DOT Weather Information.
- Chugach National Forest Avalanche Information Center
- Those who kite along Turnagain Arm should be using the Sunrise tide station. Its more accurate than the Port of Anchorage or the Fire Island tide stations. However, please note its not an official NOAA “reference” tidal station. NOAA’s predictions for “subordinate stations” are taken using tidal offsets that APPROXIMATE reality.
- Alaska Ocean Observing System Data Portal